3-Panel C-Wrap Labeller for Food Tray Decoration
The term C-Wrap labeller has come to be accepted as the method of applying a single, large label onto food packs, which is applied to three sides. The nature of the shapes of food packs means that the resultant shape the label forms is often in the rough shape of the letter “C”.
C-Wrap Labelling typically has two formats:
- Partially covering the top of the pack, then down one side, ending up underneath
- Covering the top of the tray and applied down the two opposite sides
This solution presents a robust and cost-effective alternative to traditional cardboard sleeves, using self-adhesive labels that allow for consistent and accurate label placement and do not move after application, making them more secure.
A high-quality sleeve “look” can be achieved with the advantage of being able to choose where the label is placed. Multiple positions can be chosen and stored in the label applicators memory for label placement and these can be easily recalled when needed.
The self-adhesive C-Wrap label is automatically applied directly to the container’s lid and dressed down the sides, offering the following benefits:
- Large area for product image, information, ingredients and nutritional details
- Tamper-evident – clearly shows if the lid has been opened
- Improved Presentation – will not move or fall off in transit
- Security – no possibility of customer switching in-store
ALS C-wrap labeller machines can handle standard thermo-formed trays of various sizes and can be quickly modified to accommodate size changes between batches. The system can be integrated with an existing packing line or can be provided as a stand-alone unit.
Thermal coders from a range of manufacturers can be fitted for expiry date and batch coding.